Monday, December 1, 2014

Traditions

One of my favorite traditions growing up was making gingerbread houses. My children are older now and aren't that interested in having gingerbread houses, but I decided we could still make one and donate it to the festival of trees. This is the one we made to donate this year. Traditions sometimes come and go, but the memories we have from our traditions will stay with us forever.


I also loved laying on the floor by our fireplace and listening to the record of "The Little Match Girl" by Hans Christian Andersen. It is a sad story and I don't know exactly why I loved listening to it so much. I think because it was a "tradition"and I had a personal connection with the story. 
I hope you have traditions that you look forward to, 
things that bring you joy and help you to create memories.

No comments: